Victory Hotel

Thondra Lanese

Flagler Avenue with scenes of the former Peacock Arcade, which by 1949 was named Victory Hotel (so named during the WW II war effort).  Next to the Victory is the Stuart Dept. Store, then owned by Ben Eckess.  The Victory Hotel was renamed in the 1950s, The Commodore and burned to the ground in January 1959.