First Accredited School

Thondra Lanese

Two story school built in 1909 for all grades.  Fully accreditation was by mid-1910s and the first high school graduates were the Stuart High Class of 1916.  It continued to serve as the only school until a new one was built in 1923.  Afterward, it served for years as the county courthouse, torn down in the 1990s and is the site of the Courthouse Cultural Arts Center.