The Stuart Main Street approach advocates improvements in four areas to create a positive, distinctive image for Historic Downtown Stuart:
Working with public and private sector community leaders to develop consensus and coordinate resources to revitalize downtown.
Creating and marketing a positive image of downtown through special events, retail sales, effective advertising, and public relations.
Encouraging quality building rehabilitation, signage, public improvements, and window displays to improve the appearance of downtown.
- Economic Restructuring
Improving the economic base of downtown by strengthening existing businesses, recruiting new businesses, and filling second floor vacancies.
Main Street is responsible for…
- Leadership and advocacy for economic and design initiatives like the Riverwalk expansion and Seminole Street development, Outdoor Dining on Osceola Street, and the Colorado Avenue Business District improvements
- Marketing and education campaigns like the Shop Local | Shop Smart program
- The Historic Art Marker program featuring artistic sailfish sculptures with local historical information
- Over 40 Downtown Stuart events including Rock’n Riverwalk, the Downtown Stuart Art Festival, sidewalk sales and Stuart Strolls
- Networking and educational opportunities like Mornings on Main Street breakfasts
- Signature events like Dancin’ in the Street and family festivals like the Hobgoblins on Main Street fall festival and parade and the Christmas on Main Street tree lighting
If you’d like to be a part of this effort, call 772–286-2848.